Are you ready?
Complete your FAFSA - check what you are eligible for!
Federal Pell Grants are free money received by the US government. They are not loans and do not need to be repaid. To potentially receive Pell Grants students must meet the eligibility requirements listed below and also demonstrate sufficient financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your FAFSA allows the Federal Government to determine whether or not you are eligible to receive Pell Grants.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen.
- Be admitted to BYU–Hawaii in a degree-seeking, undergraduate program for a current or future enrollment period during the academic year.
- Be enrolled in at least 51% of on-campus credits.
- Not already have a bachelor degree, or pay graduate tuition.
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progess (SAP) requirements
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant for attendance at any institution.
Please note that at BYU–Hawaii, Pell Grants are disbursed to a student's account over two semesters. You may be eligible for an additional Pell Grant for the Spring semester. Contact Financial Aid for more information.