Thank You Letters to Donors
Generous BYU–Hawaii donors support many scholarships on campus and a well-worded thank you note can go a long way. Donors appreciate hearing from students and how their investment is paying off. A short note from you affirms the value and significance of their contributions and encourages their continued support. You may view a sample thank you letter here.
Only electronic submissions are accepted. Please use the “Thank You” submission form designated for the particular semester.
- Address the letter "Dear [Name of Scholarship] Donor."
- Please put your BYUH ID number under your signature. The donor of your scholarship may decide to contact you and having your BYUH ID number on hand will ease the process of finding you.
- Make sure your letter is free of spelling and grammatical errors! Have someone review your letter and use spell check before submitting it.
- If you received multiple donor-funded scholarships, please submit a letter for each scholarship.
- You should tell the donor(s) a little bit about yourself, including:
- Your hometown
- Family background
- Experiences and life situations that led you to pursue a degree at BYU–Hawaii
- You should also include some information about your current situation, such as:
- What you are studying on campus
- What you are involved in both on- and off-campus
- Research and/or internships in which you have taken part
- Describe how the scholarship support will help you meet, or exceed, your educational goals
- Finally, you may want to talk about your future plans, like:
- What you hope to accomplish while still a BYU–Hawaii student
- What your plans are after graduation, graduate school or career aspirations
Link to Submission Form below
overrideBackgroundColorOrImage= overrideTextColor= overrideTextAlignment= overrideCardHideSection= overrideCardHideByline= overrideCardHideDescription= overridebuttonBgColor= overrideButtonText= overrideTextAlignment=
overrideBackgroundColorOrImage= overrideTextColor= overrideTextAlignment= overrideCardHideSection= overrideCardHideByline= overrideCardHideDescription= overridebuttonBgColor= overrideButtonText=