Skip to main content


IWORK student should not plan to bring or acquire a vehicle while at BYU-Hawaii. Insurance, gasoline, repairs, liability, and the legal requirements of owning a vehicle are costly and parking facilities on campus are limited; therefore, it is recommended that IWORK students do not drive.

In order for students to drive any motorized vehicle, the student must:

  1. Verify that he/she is legally able to drive in the U.S. (e.g. valid driver's license)
  2. Verify that the vehicle is legally registered and insured, and
  3. Ensure the vehicle is registered on campus with the Department of Public Safety.