Skip to main content

Non-Filing Form (4506T)

An official confirmation of non-filing can be obtained from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

If you, your spouse, or parents indicated on your verification worksheet that taxes were not filed, you will be asked to provide a non-filing letter from the IRS. Use the 4506T form to request the letter, if you aren't able to obtain a copy of it online.

4506T Instructions

  1. Fill out lines 1-4, as applicable.
  2. You may skip line 5.
  3. On line 6, type "1040".
  4. On line 9, type "12/31/____" for the year you are requesting. For example, 12/31/2017 if requesting the letter for the 2017 tax year.
  5. Sign and date the document.
  6. Mail to the appropriate address on page 2.
  7. Once you receive the letter, send it to Financial Aid at (please include your BYUHID# on the subject line) or drop it off at LSB180.