The IWORK (International Work Opportunity Return-ability Kuleana) program is to assist students from the Pacific Rim ( South Pacific & East Asia) in obtaining a quality education at BYU–Hawaii and help students become self-reliant.
The goal of the IWORK program is to provide the necessary financial assistance to worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- Assist students to return to their home country and region debt-free
- Provide qualified leadership in the church, civic and social affiliations, and within their families
The IWORK program is a unique and generous opportunity available only at BYU–Hawaii. Eligibility for the program will be determined based on the following:
- Must have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for at least one year or more;
- Must be first-time attendance toa university in the United State of America;
- Must show proof of financial need through the financial aid verification process;
- Must be from one of the Pacific Islands or South East Asia countries;
- Parents must be residing in the home country, not in the United State of America.
How can IWORK help me in college?
- For International Students, IWORK is based on need and is typically reserved for students from our target area (South Pacific and East Asia).
- No Student Loan Debt IWORK Students attending BYU–Hawaii finish their degree and then return to their home region with no student loan debt (see the application or the Terms and Conditions for complete details).
- 50 percent grant and 50 percent forgivable loan.
- Benefits - amount covered is based on need
IWORK will help cover:
Basic IWORK Requirements for Student Participants:
- Complete at least 12 credit hours in a semester.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Expected to graduate in 12 semesters in residence.
- Abide by the Honor Code.
- Be physically able to participate in any job assigned at BYU–Hawaii or the Polynesian Cultural Center.
- Work 19 hours/week during the semester and 40 hours/week while school is not in session.